Dry Eyes? Don’t just treat your symptoms, Treat the Cause and MOVE FORWARD with MGD treatment with TearScience® LipiFlow®
For patients with MGD, TearScience® LipiFlow® significantly improves gland secretions and ocular surface symptoms including dry eye and less frequent or blurry vision.4
- The treatment is non-invasive procedure performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office, only takes 12 minutes and can have long-lasting results5
- After initial anesthetic drops, no drugs required for TearScience® LipiFlow® treatment6
- Long-lasting results—many can see the continued benefit up to 12 months6
- 400,000 treatments worldwide—and growing7
Just 1 treatment increases mean gland secretion 3-fold and reduces more than 50% dry eye symptoms.8
Treatment also increased patient comfortable contact lens wear time by approximately 4 hours on average per day.9
TearScience® LipiFlow® treatment prior to cataract surgery improves mean dry eye symptoms and vision-related function scores post-surgery.10
Choose TearScience® LipiFlow®.
Because Eye Health Starts at the Surface.
- Lane SS et al. A New System, the TearScience® LipiFlow®, for the Treatment of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). Cornea. 2012;31(4):396-404. For illustrative purposes only. This content is presented for educational purposes only. JJSV Surgical Vision, Inc. does not engage in the practice of medicine and any clinical tips within this content are not a substitute for appropriate medical education and training or for the exercise of independent medical judgment. Each medical situation should be considered unique to each patient and all treatments individualized accordingly based on the respective physician’s medical judgment. JJSV Surgical Vision, Inc. does not (1) warranty the accuracy or completeness of any of the clinical tips, or (2) endorse or recommend any technique.
- Blackie CA, Coleman CA, Holland EJ. The sustained effect (12 months) of a single-dose vectored thermal pulsation procedure for meibomian gland dysfunction and evaporative dry eye. Clin Ophthalmol. 2016; 10: 1385-1396
- TearScience® LipiFlow® IFU United States
- Data on file.
- Blackie CA et al. The sustained effect (12 months) of a single-dose vectored thermal pulsation procedure for meibomian gland dysfunction and evaporative dry eye. Clin Ophthalmol. 2016; 10: 1385-1396.
- Blackie CA, et al. A single vectored thermal pulsation treatment for meibomian gland dysfunction increases mean comfortable contact lens wearing time by approximately 4 hours per day. Clin Ophthalmol. 2018;12:169-183.
- Data on file, 2018 (NCT01808560). Pilot study for treatment of meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) prior to cataract surgery. Accessed from: https://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT1808560.
Content of courtesy of Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision Inc.
PROKERA is the only medical device made from amniotic membrane for use by eye care practitioners that is recognized by the FDA to reduce inflammation and minimize corneal scarring associated with various ocular surface diseases. PROKERA may help to restore your cornea and return your eye to a normal, healthy state.